“ How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Winter Blues

Every winter,
When the great sun has turned his face away,
The earth goes down into a vale of grief,
And fasts, and weeps, and shrouds herself in sables,
Leaving her wedding-garlands to decay -
Then leaps in spring to his returning kisses.
~Charles Kingsley

I must admit I'm not a big fan of winter.  The lack of warmth and sunshine put me in quite a mood for days at a time.  I need sunshine!  I already miss it and this is just the beginning of winter! 
Please Texas, bring back your nice warm sunny days! I want to sit out on my patio barefoot, sipping tea again!

Unfortunately I just looked at the forecast for the rest of the week and there is no sun...only clouds and rain...

So here is what I plan to do...

Start a fire.

Cozy up under a warm furry blanket.
Pottery Barn Faux Fur Ribbed Throw  is currently on sale for $99 (originally $149).

While sipping on some hot chocolate.

 Maybe I'll listen to Christmas music or watch Pride and Prejudice as well!  Anything to get away from the renovation projects looming over my head!

I will leave you with a nice thought...I don't want to leave you totally depressed about winter!
Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire:  it is the time for home.  
~Edith Sitwell

1 comment:

  1. You should come back to Missouri for a good ole winter time!! haha. : ) I haven't seen the Sun since Sunday!

    I agree, warmth by the fire, a good movie, a new knitting project, and a little blogging, is all I want to do on days like these.

    I pray all is well, and I'm sure your house is coming along lovely.
    xoxo Madelyn

    ReplyDelete