“ How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Date With Dance!

Ok...so I have an addiction....
Every Wednesday and Thursday night I have a date with dance...called So You Think You Can Dance!
Of course, I don't think I can dance, but I wish I could.  I absolutely love this show. The choreographers, the dancers, the artistry, the costumes, the music, the hodgepodge of styles!

So in honor of my addiction I thought I would share a few of my favorite performances over the years...

Chelsie and Mark had so much emotion in this one. The routine is about him being a workaholic and not spending any time at home.

I love this song, and Kayla is an amazing dancer. This routine has a darker side.

Chelsie is one of my all time favorite SYTYCD Contestants! This routine is about an innocent quarky couple in love choreographed by Mia Michaels.  A Tim Burtonesque wedding.

This was an emotional Lyrical Hip-Hop routine about him going off to war.

 
Jeanine ended up winning that season, and I think it was this performance that made her a favorite of mine!

This performance by Alex, a ballet dancer, was truly amazing! After this I felt he should have won the season! Sadly, he had to leave the show due to an injury.

2 comments:

  1. Love these!! I had no idea Chelsie hightower got her start on So You Think You Can Dance. I thought she was just from Dancing with the Stars. I think I'll have to start watching this show more often. I only seem to catch it during auditions and stuff which I don't like as much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I loved her on SYTYCD. I about had a heart attack when they brought her on Dancing with the stars, and that is what made me start watching dancing with the stars! I agree you need to start watching it regularly! The audition part I kind of skim through...but the routine part is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete